Showing a friend the location of the planet in a clear blue sky is a challenge. If the moon is nearby, as in the image above, then locating the planet is easier.
If the sky is clear without clouds or the moon, then it’s more challenging. In the image above we found Venus in the sky. Some persons in the party could not find the planet. We moved to a place where Venus was just above a nearby tree. We said, “Look for Venus immediately above the tree.” It was much easier to see in the sky than it appears in the image above. Happy planet searching.
For more information about current sky events, see these articles:
- 2017 Evening Planets
- 2017: Mercury in the Evening Sky
- 2017 Morning Planets
- Venus as an Evening Star, 2016-2017
- Venus as a Morning Star, 2017
- Chart and Image Collection
- The Venus-Mars Encounter
- Jupiter’s Year with Spica: A Triple Conjunction